Sometimes a girl’s gotta have some chocolate! (Carrie Underwood)
Carrie would get on well with LM. He loves his chocolate. In his world, chocolate is its own food group…
This particular recipe is so unbelievably easy, yet so unbelievably good, that I reckon you won’t be able to understand why you haven’t made it before. At least – that’s how I felt after making it for the first time.
And, that’s not all. The base recipe has just four ingredients. Yep – I said four! Items you have just lounging around in your pantry waiting to be made into
c h o c o l a t e . How good is that?
And, you can whip this baby up in less than 10 minutes. It truly is so easy. The only downside is having the patience to wait for it to set…
And, then the flavour combos you can create are endless. This time, I chose to add some toasted hazelnuts and popped the mixture into mini muffin cups. But, you could easily make wee nut clusters on a baking sheet. Any nuts would work – I just happen to prefer mine toasted. You could add some fruit or shredded coconut – Cherry Ripe inspired, maybe? You could even use the chocolate as a base for Chocolate Macadamia Butter Cups. Or, maybe some nut butter balls dipped in chocolate?
Easy Chocolate Hazelnut Cups
For the base chocolate recipe
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 Tablespoons honey
1 cup best quality cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup toasted hazelnuts
1) Prepare a mini muffin tin with papers or silicone cups
2) Place the coconut oil in a medium pot on a low heat. Once melted, add the honey and whisk.
3) Whisk in the cocoa powder. Once it starts to go glossy, remove from the heat and whisk again until smooth.
4) Add the vanilla and stir. Check for sweetness and adjust to your taste.
5) Add the hazelnuts and stir.
6) Place small spoonfuls of the mixture into your moulds. Refrigerate until set.
E N J O Y !